- Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration; IRS VITA certified sites will not prepare a return with any other document than these previously listed
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- If filing a return for any other taxpayer due to death or disability, you must have a current Power of Attorney stating you can "file taxes" for the taxpayer
Pro$perity Building Campaign Sponsorship
The Pro$perity Building Campaign is sponsored by our great community partner 1st Source Bank.
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) is a program of the Pro$perity Building Campaign.